0.05% - 0.1%
Date posted:August 2019
At Jargon, our mission is to build the world’s most powerful content management and developer tools for voice applications on services like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Voice is forever changing how people interact with technology, and we have an ambitious roadmap to take full advantage of the burgeoning voice market.
We're looking to hire our first dedicated designer to lead design, user research, and user experience for Jargon’s core product. As an early member of the team, you will have an extremely high level of impact, ownership, and growth opportunities. You will be a key player in the success of our product and company.
We are looking for a passionate designer with deep experience in design principles, visual design, and user testing to help shape how developers and non-developers collaborate on creating voice applications. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable flexing into design and creative work for Jargon’s overall brand, marketing, and sales.
- Research and think deeply about how to solve new user challenges related to creating voice applications
- Work directly with Jargon’s founders, customers, and the rest of the team to envision and design the user interface and experience for our web-based product
- Wireframe, prototype, and iterate on designs related to new product features
- Use data extensively to analyze and recommend solutions for usability issues
- Define, maintain and evolve the visual identity of the Jargon brand
- Create illustrations and visuals to communicate Jargon’s product offerings effectively
- Passionate about building product experiences that delight customers
- Proficiency in wireframing, testing, designing, and prototyping responsive, performant, flexible and adaptable user interfaces
- 3+ years of experience with user experience and user interface design
- Extensive experience working in HTML/CSS/JS
- Have a knack for creating simple user experiences for complex tasks
- Enjoy and excel at working directly with customers on user research and requirements
- Have a strong desire to be part of a small, lean and growing team
- Self-driven and self-directed, but also collaborative and open to ideas
- Share the Jargon DNA
- Jargon enables voice applications on services like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant to structure, manage, and optimize their content. We graduated from the Amazon Alexa Accelerator, powered by Techstars 2018. Investors include Ubiquity Ventures, Crosslink Capital, Amazon, and others.
- If you're interested in having a significant impact, building a lot, working with experienced leaders, and shaping the voice industry, come join our Seattle-based team!